Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Problem with Romantic Comedies


 I am a nerd like in all of the great books and movies and I don’t know I’m beautiful like the main characters of all the romantic comedies I watch and in the YA romance books that I read the only reason that boys can pass me up is if I’m really not pretty and well that wouldn’t be a shocker but it appears in all of these media that boys like girls that are completely insecure and hey if that’s what it takes to get a man I’ll play that game ;). But the point in me saying this is that in all of the movies it’s only the nerdy girl who gets the hot boy in the end because he likes the girl for her personality, but in the real world there’s no coincidences, no hot boy that would ever want a nerd girl (unless for some exceptions but I’m trying to make a point here so just listen), and no super nice guy that’s hot and doesn’t have one flaw. Seriously girls if that’s what we’re looking for we are going to die alone and that’s a fate that I have already resolved to, but if we look at the media either books, TV, or movies those colossal romantic gestures that happen in them are never going to happen so stop waiting. Your prince charming isn’t just going to just look at you and be like I want to be with this girl for the rest of my life because that’s impossible because if you don’t even know the person and you say you’re in love with them you are a fool (and I’m not sorry for the harshness either people if you think like this you need to be straightened out of this mind set for real). Listen I’m fourteen years old and I’m all in with watching heart-warming romantic movies, but ladies don’t let movies up your expectations for men because it’s fictional for a reason and nobody’s perfect including yourself so don’t even try to find someone perfect because when you do it’s like looking for a normal person at comic-con. One of the many things that people do for “who they love” is they lower their standards like in Greece which was completely disappointing.  Something else that is a peeve of mine is a man isn’t going to just show up at the airport begging for you to stay, hate to say it but in real life guys just go to their backup girl or girls and they move on with their lives and as much as you don’t want to think about it soon you will move on too, and if you’re a romantic comedy kind of person you would know that this happens a lot in these kinds of movies. So girls don’t be fooled by the awesomeness of realistic fiction because it’s more fantasy than anything and would you rather have a man that’s only exists in books or in movies or a real person that you can have to yourself for eternity (personally I would rather have the fictional man because come on they’re better than real life but hey I gave you a choice so choose).  And this would not be a blog post without a gif or pic. so here you go!!
Be prepared to buy lots and lots of boxes when your prince charming never shows up!!  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment