Monday, March 18, 2013

The Drama that Comes with Being a Book Nerd!!!

I love it in library books when you find library receipts from other people. Their was a list that I found in a book recently that I was really excited about because this lady (I'm guessing because of the contents of the books) was reading almost everything that I already read and I'm like hooray I have some hope for humanity because someone else likes the books that I do and well it's not often that you see that. Not to brag or anything, but I like pretty hipster books the kind that you read and you tell everyone about and then later on they start telling you about it and I start doing things Snape style.
image
I mean seriously it's like people don't believe me when I say I have a good book that you'll probably will like I'm not really reliable doing anything else, but books are my forte and I can hook you up peeps you know I got your backs when it comes to this sort of thing. Anyway so the other day one of my friends are like "Heavens to Betsy, Natalie I just read the best book ever called Unwind it's by Neal  Shusterman and it's just the greatest I mean seriously you have to read it I just got the second book this week and I'm soooo excited." I've been telling her about this book for months and what wanted to do.
.image
Good bye sucker. But what I really did was...

Yup really freaking annoying. When she talks about it I slowly inch away from her as she goes on a tangent how awesome it is while in the background being like..

Just walk it off Natalie. Anyway back to the whole point I have recently read a book called the Bad Apple which was really amazing very thought out and something that i loved was that it had humor this day and age authors take themselves too seriously and they don't think it's very important to have the reader laugh a little. Now to get back to the point I liked it very much so on the contrary to this I also read something that made me squirm. It was a book called Fly Away that I got for free of of Goodreads and I really didn't enjoy, so I gave it a one out of five.

 Not a bad rating for such a book I thought, and because she gave it to me for free I also wrote a review something that all authors ask for when they give you a free book so I told her what I thought about it. Disappointing, disturbing, weird, unrealistic, cruel, something that I would never read again, just my opinion something that she wanted me to write I mean she wouldn't have sent it to me if she didn't think that I would write a review.

 Anyway this all ended with her saying that she was sorry that I didn't like the book in a message. Yup she seemed pretty heart-broken by me not liking it. And that's when I told my mom about this whole fiasco who said that I shouldn't have done what I did that I should of been more diplomatic about it and just said it wasn't my type of book, but the way I see it is that she asked for my opinion and I gave it to her it that so wrong of me?

 I am a picky reader I'm not even going to lie but was it completely out of line of me to give the world my point of view about it? I think not, but maybe I'm just defending myself for my own actions. I'm a fourteen year old so who even cares what I think and everyone else in the comments loved it, so there's obviously something wrong with me anyway something shouldn't ask for something and not expect to receive it just saying. Anyway that's my tyrant for today so I think I'm going to go and eat lunch bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment